8/04/2011

And he sucked her and he sucked her and he sucked her dry!

You know what?! I have a new boyfriend. His name is Nick Cave!
On July 29th Nick Cave and his project-band GRINDERMAN played in Wrocław(Poland).
The gig was a part of international film festival 'new horizons'.
I wasn't into that band so much till the day of this show. I was on the road for over 6 hours and my iPod was dying of Grinderman overdose!
After getting out off the train we(me, my cousin, our friend and her brother) went for a dinner( very important fact) and after the dinner we were looking for our hostel and in one moment it turned out into a race towards the wall of noise. It was NICK CAVE! I was an ear-guide and I got to Słodowa Island in 5 minutes without and map and knowledge about Wrocław. Anyway, we were on Grinderman's rehearsal and sound-check! We heard Heathen Child and Get it on.

We went again there at about 7 p.m and I was so excited....that for the first time I didn't care about security etc. or  I just didn't give a fuck 'bout everything except the gig. As a result I had my analogue camera in my bag. I was entering the festival area when the security guide asked me to open my bag. She noticed the camera and we had a little argument, because she wanted me to throw my camera away and I wanted to take it for the concert. At the end someone told me to give it to hotel's reception which was nearby.


 I went there and I got neon pink concert band. Gig started at about 9 p.m.
Nick was amazing. Warren was playing violin, guitar, mandocaster and maracas.
They played
Get It On,
 Kitchenette,
 Grinderman,
When My Baby Comes,
Heathen Child and so on!
Nick was in great shape. He was jumping all around and singing. He had great contact with audience. I was out of space.

















One of best shows in my life! AND WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT I NEARLY TOUCHED NICK CAVE!  I was standing first in 7th row and then in 4th. The best moment of all that gig: Nick Cave jumped onto barrier and went into/onto crowd and silenced everyone and shouted 'GIVE ME YOUR MONEY'.

I think I don't have to write about musical-technical aspects of that gig, because everything was perfect. The stage was kind of small so you could feel this energy floating between musicians. The sound was great but Grinderman was the greatest! They started with Mickey Mouse And The Goodbye Man. Then Get It On, Heathen Child, No Pussy Blues, Honey Bee(Let's Fly To Mars), Worm Tamer, Evil, Bellringer Blues and for the great final: Love Bomb which was introduced by Nick's speech about Polish policeman. Great Guy. Great Gig. Great Grinderman.

I have some photos of us in Grinderman's t-shirts. I'll upload them later.
I was on Robert Plant's gig 2 days ago and tomorrow I'm going for OFF festival ( warpaint,gang of four, mogwai, xiu xiu and so on!


Greetings!

1 komentarz: